Where do I sign up?
Join us for a Complimentary Week of Class! Click "Free Week" on sidebar to the right or you can sign via the Front desk website here to sign up to be a member. There are several membership options to choose from. Contact Lindsay Gilvin at email@example.com with any questions.
Do I need to be a runner to attend these classes?
Absolutely not! Stroller Strides® is for moms of all fitness levels. We meet for a warm up, then power walk, jog or run to the next station. We encourage you to exercise at the pace you feel most comfortable!
What do I need to bring to class?
· Lots of Water
· Towel, Blanket or Yoga Mat for floor exercises and stretching
· A hat and/or sunscreen
· Baby essentials including snacks and/or toys for your little ones
· Comfortable walking shoes and exercise appropriate clothing
· Just about any kind of stroller will do so long as it's not prone to tipping
How long are the workouts?
The workouts are 60 minutes unless otherwise noted. The class is set up with a 5-minute warm up followed by a 45-minute Power Walk / Jog or Run with the stroller that includes body toning stations. The last 10 minutes is for core work and stretching.
Can I join Stroller Strides if I am pregnant?
Absolutely! We encourage expectant moms to continue to exercise throughout their pregnancy as long as everything has been approved by their physician. Instructors are certified pre/post natal fitness instructors and follow the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) guidelines. We can modify any exercise that poses a challenge as you progress through your pregnancy. FIT4MOM® does require a doctors approval prior to beginning Stroller Strides® if pregnant, please request that form so you are ready to go on your first day! Exercise during pregnancy has proven to be very beneficial and helps improve or increase the following:
· Cardiovascular fitness
· Muscular strength/endurance
· Energy levels
· Higher fatigue threshold
· Posture and biomechanics
· Self-esteem, sense of well-being
· Recovery time
How old does my baby have to be?
We recommend waiting until your baby is at least 6 weeks of age to begin class. They can take classes up to any age so long as they still enjoy a ride in the stroller and can be safely buckled in. Always get your doctor's permission before starting this or any other kind of exercise program.
Is this just an exercise group of moms that get together to walk?
These classes are no walk in the park! In just one hour you will get a complete full body workout that will leave you energized and feeling great! Classes are designed for all fitness levels and are taught by certified instructors who also understand the role of motherhood. During our stations, we use resistance bands, open fields for drills or obstacles, benches or steps and anything in the environment to give you a great workout!
What if the weather is bad?
We will only cancel classes in extreme weather conditions. Class cancellations will be announced at least 1 hour prior to class start time on our Facebook page and website.
My baby doesn't like being in the stroller for too long, how will I get a good workout?
Babies are priority, so don't worry if yours is fussy! Our classes are designed to keep the kids moving and engaged by incorporating songs and various props to keep them entertained. With that said, if you need to change your baby, nurse or console them, please do so (remember, you are in good company). Kids will have good and bad days and we understand that. I assure you they will get used to "Mommy's hour" and will learn a few things during our workout too!
I am interested in becoming an instructor - what do I need to do?
If you are interested in learning more about becoming a Stroller Strides instructor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add an FAQ
FAQ- Our Village
What is Our Village?
Our Village is YOUR place to... Support. Connect. Empower. Make a difference.
Our Village supports all moms, in all stages of motherhood. Each month activities are scheduled in your local area. Moms Night Out, playgroups, family events, charitable events, and more are offered depending on your interests! Celebrate, find support with challenges, and be involved in your community with us. Together we can help each other find our common strength for motherhood!
Our Village consists of three essential components:
1. Playgroups (once per week): The goal is to provide a simple activity after class which gives the children something to look forward to and the moms a chance to connect with their children and each other. It could be as simple as bringing bubbles after class, or a magazine swap for moms.
2. Moms’ Nights Out (once per month): This is meant to be time for moms only. A potluck dinner, movie night, a book club discussion, or a game of Bunco, all give your moms a well-deserved time out.
3. “Moms with a Mission” (http://fit4mom.com/about/mom-on-a-mission): The goal is to provide you with a platform to help better the community where you live and play through organizing and inspiring your members to share information and participate in activities focused on giving back to children, families and the environment. Not only will you make a huge impact in your community, but your actions will teach and inspire the next generation to do so as well.
*You do not have to be a member of Stroller Strides® to join Our Village. All moms are welcome! This is a FREE group!
Where do you offer Our Village activities?
Our Village offers weekly activities near any of our Stroller Strides class locations.